We strive to take excellent care of our residents and the community at Roxalana Hills Apartments. Our maintenance team has over 50 combined years of experience and is available 24/7 for emergency calls. In order to provide the very best attention to our residents, we follow up every completed service call with a satisfaction survey. It’s so nice to read the kind words and compliments.
Thank you to the team at Roxalana for continuing the good work!
Summer, our fabulous manager at Roxalana Hills, is a talented cook who loves to feed her team and residents at the monthly events we host. Here is her recipe for one of West Virginia’s favorite foods- great for college football season!
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F/40 degrees C)
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 1 cup of warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast over the water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture, beaten eggs, and melted butter. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, then place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Punch down the dough, and divide it into 20 equal pieces about the size of a golf ball. Using your hands, flatten each piece into a small rectangle about 4 inches square. Place 3 slices of pepperoni down the center of each dough square, overlapping the slices. Place another row of 3 slices next to the first. Roll the dough around the pepperoni slices, pinch the edges closed, and place the rolls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned and the tops are barely golden.
Summer Bailey (third from the left) has been with The Manor Group since 2002. She first started as a rental consultant at Country Club Apartments and was later promoted to Assistant Manager. She came to Roxalana Hills as a Resident Manager in 2009.
Outside of work, she enjoys doing anything outdoors. Living in West Virginia, she likes to take advantage of her beautiful state. As for her personal life, she has been married to her husband for 8 years. They have one amazing daughter who keeps them busy with all of her sports.