Wishing a happy start to the school year to all of our young residents of Roxalana Hills Apartments. Remember that children will be walking to and from the bus stop. Please be careful when driving through the community and remember to stop at stop signs.
There are still a few more weeks of our pool season so be sure to soak up those remaining summer rays!
We strive to take excellent care of our residents and the community at Roxalana Hills Apartments. Our maintenance team has over 50 combined years of experience and is available 24/7 for emergency calls. In order to provide the very best attention to our residents, we follow up every completed service call with a satisfaction survey. It’s so nice to read the kind words and compliments.
Thank you to the team at Roxalana for continuing the good work!
It’s that time of year when many of us resolve to get in shape and shed a few pounds. Those of us at The Manor Group are part of that group of resolution makers and struggle with keeping up with our goals once the first few weeks of January have passed.
A commonly heard excuse for not going to the gym is lack of time. We are all super busy with kids, jobs and Netflix, right? Fortunately, we offer 24-hour access to our fitness center. It’s already free to our residents but we make sure it’s open all the time. No holiday closures or bad weather delays! Plus, if Netflix is still taking up too much of your free time, we provide complimentary WIFI so you can get your binge on while you work your bulge off!
Another way to keep yourself on track is to find a buddy. Racquetball leagues, Zumba classes and weight loss meetings are just a few of the wonderful community activities we have hosted so residents can get help in reaching their goals. Tell us what would help you stay accountable.
We wish you a fit and healthy 2017 and hope your resolutions become good habits. Remember that our pool season is just a few months away!
At Roxalana Apartments we love to decorate the property but even this year’s impressive candy-covered community building can’t top some the holiday light displays in our own backyard. One special tradition for the our team at Roxlana is a visit to the Kermit Tyree Seasonal Store in nearby Elkview. Kermit, and his wife JoAnn, set up the largest displays in the area including a blow-up Santa on a train and a light-up moving carousel. There is even a huge “Peace on Earth” display, with a giant glowing world. It is one of the most impressive light displays around, but to our area it is much more. It has become one of our favorite holiday traditions.
At Roxalana Hills, we consistently strive to explore new ways of giving back to the community. This Fall, we focused on helping those less fortunate by hosting our very own Chili Cook-Off. Our residents competed to see who would reign as Roxalana Hills Master Chili Maker. All proceeds were donated to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation in honor of Ayden Kohler, one of our own fighting the battle against cancer.
The event went beyond just chili- we offered crafts for the kids, a bounce house and a raffle featuring items from Arbonne, Paparazzi Jewelry, Lula Roe and Cabela’s, to name just a few. Thanks to our community we were able to donate nearly $500.
We are genuinely proud of our residents and what they continually accomplish for society!
If you ask our residents what they love most about living at Roxalana Hills Apartments many will tell you it’s our wonderful maintenance team! Here at Roxalana Hills Apartments our main focus is customer service and making sure our residents are taken care of, which includes apartment maintenance. Our maintenance team’s main priority is to solve any obstacle in a thorough and speedy manner.
Whether it is a clogged drain, burned out lightbulb or a jammed patio door, our team members are on the job within the day. Unlike regular maintenance technicians that require you to take off work and let them in your house, with your permission, our team can make a service call while you carry on with your day. Our technicians bring card to leave at your door after each call. This allows our residents to know when a member has stopped in and explains how they have resolved the concern.
There is also no need to worry about after hours calls. With our 24-hour emergency maintenance we always have a team member on call to help with lock-outs and other urgent service requests.
The holidays are approaching and it’s a great time to share some of our family traditions. The rental team at Roxalana Hills Apartments looks forward to bringing the residents together each year at the community Thanksgiving dinner. They are already busy preparing for this year’s dinner, planned for Friday, November 20th.
Come hungry because the table will be full of turkey, ham and traditional holiday side dishes. Here’s a sneak peek at one of their favorite recipes, borrowed from Paula Deen!
Summer, our fabulous manager at Roxalana Hills, is a talented cook who loves to feed her team and residents at the monthly events we host. Here is her recipe for one of West Virginia’s favorite foods- great for college football season!
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F/40 degrees C)
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 1 cup of warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast over the water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture, beaten eggs, and melted butter. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, then place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a light cloth and let rise in a warm place (80 to 95 degrees F (27 to 35 degrees C)) until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- Punch down the dough, and divide it into 20 equal pieces about the size of a golf ball. Using your hands, flatten each piece into a small rectangle about 4 inches square. Place 3 slices of pepperoni down the center of each dough square, overlapping the slices. Place another row of 3 slices next to the first. Roll the dough around the pepperoni slices, pinch the edges closed, and place the rolls on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned and the tops are barely golden.